"I am constantly designing clothes for the fantasy parties, with an aim to make a wedding dreams of my clients come true" says Sushma Thapa, the rising designer of Nepal. However, when the entire world is running after fast fashion, Sushma aspires to design clothes so comfortable and stylish at the same time, that you would never be bothered to get rid of it. She regularly presents fashion collections filled with beautiful dresses, and wedding attires. She also has a reputation for throwing impressive designs, blurring the boundary between comfort and style. “Each clothing is designed around the bride to create a one-of-a-kind piece that she can treasure forever,” Sushma tells Living.
Tips for Bride
- Recognize your body type, and choose a design, that will help hide your problem areas, while accentuating your curves.
- Choose a color that compliments your skin tone the most.
- Finding the right length for your bridal wears is equally important.
- If the ornaments are heavy, go for a simpler lehenga. In case you want to keep the jewellery to a minimum, look for a lehenga with heavier embellishments.
- Repeated fittings to make sure it fits right is a must.
- Stay true to your taste, and talk your heart out about it with your professional designer.