Prepare yourselves for the Epic War!!!
Text by: Johnson Shrestha
You must be all hyped up for the coming Marvel movie, Avengers: Infinity Wars. The Marvel Cinematic Universe will complete a glorious decade in 2018, and this movie will definitely quench your thirst for all the good things you love about Marvel. There are 18 movies under the franchise so far and with the storyline in all of them linked, you might want to revisit the MCU before the war. Marvel has really come a long way from its first movie in 2008. Living helps you get in on the action to prepare for the war.
The movies are not in chronological order:
- Captain America: The First Avenger – With the setting of the 1940s, provides the grounds for the MCU itself.
- Iron Man – Shows the development of one of the most sought after characters and favorite, Tony Stark a.k.a, Iron Man.
- Iron Man 2 – The forming of an alliance between Iron Man and the S.H.I.E.L.D
- The Incredible Hulk –development of one major character, The Hulk, and a glimpse of Tony Stark meeting with General Ross, for a “team” which is to be The Avengers.
- Thor – Introduction of Thor and Loki, Asgard and Nine Realms, and the Tesseract, one of the Infinity Stones – The Space Stone.
- The Avengers –The forming of The Avengers, and their first joint battle against Loki & the Chitauri; the ultimate villain of MCU- Thanos, revealed.
- Iron Man 3 – Not really connected to the MCU, but has instances of the Arc Reactor, i.e. Tony Stark’s “heart”, which might be an important element in the MCU*.
- Thor: The Dark World –Introduction to the Nine Realms and concept of Infinity Stones, especially Aether, supposed to contain The Reality Stone.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier –Introduction to HYDRA and Bucky Barnes, downfall of S.H.I.E.L.D, and hints at The Scarlett Witch, an influential character and Quicksilver.
- Guardians Of the Galaxy – Introduction to The Orb which contains the Power Stone, new characters like Star- Lord, Gamora and Drax of MCU, and more about Thanos.
- Guardians Of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - More about the Guardians: Star-Lord, Drax, and Gamora and their origins, hint at a new villain from the birth-pod of high-priestess Ayesha.
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron–Revival of S.H.I.E.L.D, introduction to the Mind Stone, initially seen in The Avengers as Chitauri’s scepter possessed by Loki, and a new ally- Vision.
- Ant-Man – introduction of a new hero, Ant-Man; and hints at his integration into the revived Avengers.
- Doctor Strange –Introduction to a new hero, Dr. Strange (over the years), the Eye of Agomoto which contains the Time Stone, another in the set of six Infinity Stones.
- Captain America: Civil War – the Avengers face conflict among the members themselves leading to collapse; re-enter Bucky Barnes and spread light into history of HYDRA’s superhuman programs, introduction to Black Panther, Spiderman enters the MCU.
- Spiderman: Home coming –Origin of Spiderman through his beginnings, and his involvement with Iron Man and his addition into The Avengers.
- Black Panther – The evolution of Black Panther, and Wakanda hints at revival of a transformed Bucky Barnes.
- Thor: Ragnarok – Destruction of Asgard as a part of Ragnorok, Thor losing his hammer but gaining full control of his powers, team up with Loki, and re-entry of Hulk who disappeared after The Avengers.
The last movie, Thor: Ragnarok, leads directly into the setting for Avengers: Infinity War, when their ship, in which they escape Ragnarok, comes across Thanos’ ship. However, only five of the six infinity stones have been revealed so far in the movies. There has been countless fan theories about which could be the last Infinity Stone. So, let’s see what the Infinity War will bring to the set of Infinity Stones and the MCU.