Prithu Baskota, a right-handed batsman and a right-arm off break bowler is a Nepali cricketer who started playing cricket at a very young age while still in Grade II. He played his first tournament as a captain in May 2006 and won the game. He made his debut for Nepal against the Maldives in November 2010.
1. The first tournament snap: This picture is very important to Prithu as it carries memories about events that changed his life to some extent. This picture was taken in 2006 at the first under 15 tournament when Prithu played as a captain while in grade 9 and they won the match.
2. Watch: Prithu wears this watch most of the time because it was gifted by his father when he won the first tournament and he considers it to be lucky at some point of time.
3. Bat: “I have many cricketbats but this one is special as it was gifted by my grandmother with so much love and hope and therefore it is one of my favorites” – says Prithu Baskota.
4. Ball: Prithu got this ball in his first marathon match.
5. Momo: Prithu loves Momos and he considers “MOMO TARU” his second home which is stationed in Thamel.
6. Jersey: It is his favorite jersey as he wore it when he played for the first time with the national cricket team and won the trophy.
7. 146 SCORE: Prithu says-“This is my second best snap as it shows the highest score I made that is 146 when I played in the U.K.”
8. ADIDAS: He says he isn’t too brand conscious but if asked he would dress from top to bottom in adidas brand clothes.
“THE INJURY BROUGHT A PAUSE IN YOUR CRICKET LIFE SO TO WHAT EXTENT DID THAT INCIDENT PLAY A MAJOR ROLE IN YOUR LIFE?”
-OF COURSE, THE INJURY BROUGHT A HUGE CHANGE AS I COULDN’T PLAY THE WORLD CUP THAT NEPAL EVER PARTICPATED IN. SO TO A GREAT EXTENT THE INCIDENT PLAYED A NEGATIVE ROLE.